Changing the way soft tissue injuries are treated
Graston Technique® is a unique, evidence-based form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM) that enables clinicians to effectively address scar tissue, fascial restrictions and range of motion through comprehensive training, resulting in improved patient outcomes.
Why Use Graston Technique®?
The unique protocol uses specially designed stainless steel instruments, along with appropriate therapeutic exercise, to specifically detect and effectively treat areas exhibiting soft tissue fibrosis or chronic inflammation. The instruments also are used diagnostically to follow the kinetic chain, to locate and treat the cause of the symptom as well as the specific area of pain. GT is also frequently used as an effective protocol to maintain range of motion.
We recognize there are options in the marketplace. However, GT is the originator of IASTM in the manual therapy industry and has perfected the technique during the past 20+ years. With a commitment to very high standards, GT is a strong advocate for proper education. Course materials are constantly being revised to reflect the latest research and industry best practices.
Originally developed by athletes, Graston Technique® is an interdisciplinary treatment used by more than 24,500 clinicians worldwide – including physical and occupational therapists, hand therapists, chiropractors, and athletic trainers. GT is utilized at some 3,042 outpatient facilities and 86 industrial sites, by more than 431 professional and amateur sports organizations, and is part of the curriculum at more than 45 respected colleges and universities.
Benefits for our Clinicians:
- Provides improved diagnostic treatment
- Detects major and minor fibrotic changes
- Reduces manual stress; provides significant hand and joint conservation
- Increases patient satisfaction by achieving notably better outcomes
- Expands business opportunities through positive referrals
Benefits for our Patients:
- Decreases overall time of treatment
- Fosters faster rehabilitation/recovery
- Reduces need for anti-inflammatory medication
- Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent
- Provides an efficient way to maintain optimal range of motion.
If you are looking for something “out of the box” to help treat your painful and/or chronic condition, consider PROCare Physical Therapy with their Innovative Techniques of utilizing instrument assisted tools like Graston or Dry Needling. Call us today to make your appointment to Get Better, Faster.